Terms and Conditions
IC – Inventory Company, and its representatives.
Client –Individual or company who has made a booking with Inventory Company.
Account – Credit account that Inventory Company is holding open as long as Client has placed a booking at least once per calendar year.
Service – Any product or service that was carried out on behalf of Clients request.
Working Hours – Inventory Company office working hours are Monday to Saturday 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM (Last booking starts at 5:00 PM) excluding Bank holidays or any other days when Inventory Company office is closed.
Booking – Any work that is instructed from Client via email, booking form or telephone call and Client has received confirmation email from Inventory Company.
Clerk – A person who provides Inventory, Check in or Check Out report.
Report – Inventory report, Check-in, Check-out and Mid-term report.
Inventory Company is not required to undertake appointments under any circumstances in which Inventory Company representatives feel threatened, unsafe or in danger in any way whatsoever.
Accepting and agreeing Inventory Company terms and conditions, does not impose any obligation to place a specific amount of bookings. If a client decides to terminate the business relationship with Inventory Company, there are no cancellation charges, but the client remains responsible for any outstanding invoices.
By using the services of Inventory Company, the Client agrees to be legally bound by the following terms.
Inventory Company has the right to amend any part of the service and/or pricing at their discretion in line with future market changes or updated legislation, or deemed to be relevant by Inventory Company. In the event of any such changes, all existing customers will be notified either in writing or verbally of said changes before any additional services are booked.
- All prices quoted are subject to VAT as stated.
- Price agreements are non-contractual and are subject to change.
- Notification of a cancellation of a booking must be made within 48 hours of the appointment, or a cancellation fee of 30% may apply.
- Bookings are based on “first come, first served” basis – Inventory Company can advise the Client an availability over the phone, but can not hold any slots without booking the slot for Client.
- Bookings can be placed via the booking forms on inventorycompany.co.uk or in writing to email@example.com and must be made at least 2 hours prior the booking.
- All bookings that are required to be booked outside of Inventory Company working hours may incur an additional premium up to a maximum of 50%.
- All bookings are considered as booked only upon the Client receiving the confirmation email, not via the phone or through a verbal agreement.
- When Client makes a booking for Inventory Company to meet a tenant at the property, it is Client’s responsibility to inform the tenant.
- It is the Client’s responsibility to send Inventory Company clear instructions. If any revisits shall occur because of incomplete, inaccurate instruction this will be at the Client’s expenses.
- It is the Client’s responsibility to arrange the access to the property and all requested areas and make sure that the property is ready for work to be carried out before booking any job with Inventory Company.
- If Inventory Company has been delayed and cannot start the job for more than 30 minutes, due to the lack of access to the property or other circumstances beyond our control (ongoing construction work, cleaning in process or wrong property address etc.), the booking will be cancelled and the client will incur the cancellation fee.
- Additional charges may apply for key collection over 3 miles, or for unavoidable parking, ULEZ or congestion zone fees.
- It is the Client’s responsibility to choose the right services for his needs. Inventory Company shall not be responsible if the Client is unsatisfied with the results, if the wrong service has been chosen, whether Client can use it or not.
- If Clients credit account is overdue due any invoices that run over the payment period of 28 days from receipt date, booked and confirmed jobs will be cancelled and client notified in writing.
Inventory, Check-In/Out and Mid-term.
- The reports prepared by Inventory Company are intended as an independent, fair and accurate record of the interior, fixtures and fittings and furniture, which compose the condition of these items and the internal condition of the property.
- Completed report link will be sent to Client in email within 24 hours from completion of the job and any amendments will be done in 24 hours from receipt of the email with required amendments.
- It is Client’s responsibility to download and save full report in PDF format for internal storage within 60 days from receiving the email. Word documents and any hard copies will not be provided and are not included in the fee.
- The check-out report will indicate, in the subjective opinion of Clerk, whether there is any liability on the tenant or such deterioration could be assessed as Fair Wear & Tear.
- Property will be checked for damage and cleanliness, if it is considered beyond Fair Wear & Tear the Client will be informed.
- The inventory will be compiled on the basis that unless stated, listed items are in good clean condition, free from obvious soiling, damage or defects. The clerk is not aware of recently bought items; ‘new item’ (or similar) is only stated if the item is still within the packaging.
- TenantsLandlords comments – both parties have 6 working days to make any comments following receipt of the report. Inventory Company will not be held responsible for any items missed, damage, not seen or any dilapidations after 6 working days from the date of this report, whether noted or not noted on the report.
- Any additionsalterationscomments to the report from the landlord or tenant will be added at the end of the report, not in the respective room or area that it refers to.
Inventory, Check-In/Out and Mid-term – Disclaimer
- The Disclaimer at the end of each report is part of these Terms and Conditions and both should be taken into account equally when using Inventory Company services.
- Comments found in the inventory such as ‘Fire safety label present’ (or similar) give no guarantee of the item’s compliance with the Fire Safety regulations.
- Lights are checked for working order only.
- The report is not a guarantee of, nor a report on, the functionality or safety of the Gas or electrical appliances. These appliances would not be tested. The report is unable to provide any qualified opinion on the property’s electrical safety profile. It is merely a statement that the contents were viewed in the property at the time the report was undertaken. Tenants are advised to test all appliances as soon as possible and report any faults to the Landlord/Managing Agent.
- The report enables items to be visually identified only, no attempt will be made to ascertain the original manufacturer or period in which item was produced.
- The clerk preparing a report is not an expert on fabrics, materials, antiques etc. or a qualified surveyor.
- No attempt will be made to place a monetary value on the property or its contents, or to determine whether an item is genuine or reproduction.
- Any plants, cleaning materials and food and drink goods are considered perishable items and will not be listed on a report.
- Clerk will not undertake to list any large number of books, CD’s and/or DVD’s, crockery, cutlery, pots & pans, small electrical items, cluttered cupboards and large amounts of assorted crockery, cutlery, glasses etc. will not be listed individually.
- Items in locked rooms, contents of garages, garden sheds, cellars, lofts and packed boxes will not be inspected.If the landlord wishes to add large amount of items to the report, a list should be provided for inclusion on the Comments page.
- Clerk cannot stipulate shades of paint, base colours will only be noted.
Inventory, Check-In/Out and Mid-term – Responsibilities/Liabilities
- The clerk will inspect the property as its state at the time, Inventory Company will not be held responsible for any delayed cleaning or maintenance works that have not been completed by the booking date.
- Where IC are instructed to undertake a check-out report based upon a report carried out by other clerk, no responsibility will be accepted if the quality of that report is not of Inventory Company standard.
- All regulations published by the Department of Trade and Industry/Trading Standards/or any similar parties are the responsibility of the client.
- General – Responsibilities/Liabilities
- Any service provided by Inventory Company should under no circumstances be used as a structural survey report, valuation or part of it.
- Whilst every care will be taken at the time of the appointment, Inventory Company do not accept responsibility for any accidental damage to the property, its contents, fixtures and fitting howsoever caused by the IC whilst undertaking the service.
- Inventory Company is unable to lift heavy or large items.
- Inventory Company will return keys with the keyholder or as per keyholders instructions even if the Client has requested to return the keys somewhere else unless permission from the keyholder is provided.
- If no instructions are provided regards key return Inventory Company will secure the property and retain them until instructed where to return them. Further charges may be incurred for Inventory Company time or postage costs.
- Client is responsible for all invoice payments no matter whether the individual who opened account is still employed by Client or not.
- Inventory Company shall not incur any liability or penalty for any loss of actual or anticipated profits or savings, loss of business, loss of opportunity or for any special, indirect or consequential loss whether arising from a breach of these Conditions or negligence in performing the Services even if Inventory Company were advised of or knew of the likelihood of such loss occurring.
- In the event that the client give Inventory Company instructions which are followed in good faith and which turn out to be unlawful or result in an unlawful act or otherwise give rise to any other claim, Client will provide IC with full indemnity for all penalties, damages, costs and legal expenses whatsoever which may occur as the result of following the instructions.
- Utility meter readings will be read and photographed if they are readily accessible, straightforward to locate and correctly labelled. If Inventory Company is unaware of location or unable to locate or have unreasonable access to meters, they will remain unread and the landlord or tenant should provide the reading.
- It is Clients responsibility to arrange access to meters before placing the booking.
- The Clients who have an open account with Inventory Company shall be invoiced within 7 days of the inventory taking place.
- The Client will receive invoices via email, unless Inventory Company is otherwise instructed by the Client.
- The payment must be made within 28 days from the invoice receipt date.
- If the payments are not made on time, all discounts shall be removed from the Client’s invoices that are outstanding and Client shall pay the full price per services provided as per Standard Price list.
- After 28 days if the invoices are not paid on time, Inventory Company will stop taking any bookings on credit and only online bookings with prepayment will be accepted.
- Inventory Company shall be entitled to charge the Client interest on the overdue amount. Such interest shall occur on a daily basis and be compounded quarterly. Inventory Company reserves the right to claim interest under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
- If the payments has not been settled Inventory Company will then pursue legal action in order to recover the debt.
- This is an agreement between Inventory Company and the Client, it is the Client’s duty to pay for any work done on behalf of any Client’s request, regardless of whether the Client’s customers have settled their invoices or not or they have used the material or not.
- If Client has booked the job on behalf of any third party, it is still Clients responsibility to make payment for the invoice. Third party should book Inventory Company services independently.
- Inventory Company can’t assign invoices to any third party and only to the client who makes the booking.
- The Client will be given exclusive use of the material for all marketing purposes in connection with the Client’s real estate business only once all payments are cleared, except for communal areas, external images, view or development images or any other public spaces for an indefinite period.
- The use of Inventory Company material without the permission of Inventory Company, or without payment, will result in a breach of copyright. A charge of £750 will be charged for any breach of copyright, in addition to any administration and legal charges, as well as the original invoice fee.
- If the invoices are not fully settled, all materials should be deleted immediately and Client has no rights to use or store this material in any form.
- Inventory Company retains the copyright of all images taken by Inventory Company.
- Inventory Company retains the right to use photos taken by Inventory Company for marketing purposes such as social media page, Website and other business related purposes.
- Any complaint about the services or invoices provided by Inventory Company must be notified by the client within 6 working days of the services being completed.
- The Client should make a formal complaint regarding Inventory Company services by contacting Inventory Company directly in writing, Inventory Company shall then initiate the following procedure to resolve the Client’s complaint
- Investigation stage: Inventory Company shall contact the Client at their convenience, if further information is required for Inventory Company to resolve the complaint.
- Stage 1: Inventory Company shall investigate the Client’s complaint fully and undertake all reasonable efforts to resolve it. If the complaint is not resolved to the Client’s satisfaction at this stage, it shall be escalated to the Senior Management.
- Stage 2: The Senior Management will consider the complaint and attempt to rectify the issue. If the complaint remains unresolved, IC will consider whether it is technically or economically feasible to resolve the issue and inform the Client of the Inventory Company decision.
- No further action: If the complaint has still not been resolved to the Client’s satisfaction, Inventory Company will inform the Client that no further action is to be taken and advise the Client of his rights under the Terms and Conditions. At this stage, the Client may wish to refer their issue to other instances such as Trading Standards.
- Inventory Company reserves right not to attend court of any disagreement between client and/or tenant.